The Project Accountant is responsible for working with the VP of Finance to control and execute all matters relating to the accounting functions of CHC. This position includes accounting goals and plans to meet those goals, working with other employees as necessary, and the follow up required to ensure the department is moving forward at all times as directed by the VP of Finance. The Project Accountant role involves a solid ability to collect and consolidate payment application work flow, then compile and submit it for review and then submission to the appropriate internal and external parties. This position serves many internal customers at CHC while the deliverables generated resonate to a few very important external customers too. Valuable services performed include accurate bookkeeping, billing and collections, and reports used to manage and steer the company’s resources.
- Manage entire Payment Application process in Sage CRE 300 Excel and other relevant applications.
- Generate notices to subcontractors and material suppliers for submission of payment applications.
- Receive, review, accept or reject subcontractor payment applications submitted.
- Create Owner Pay Application for each month using subcontractor and internally generated costs.
- Submit Payment Application to Owner, Architect and lender and track progress until funds received.
- Collaborate with Operations Group and Project Manager through-out the payment application process garnering assistant in ensuring all subcontractors have submitted applications that accurately reflect work completed or materials supplied.
- Create and maintain comprehensive filing system for all payment application paper work, waivers and related materials.
- Accounts Payable: enter all payment application payables into Sage CRE 300 and cash flow worksheet.
- Accounts Receivable – enter all pay application receivables, including retention, into Sage CRE 300 and record receipt of funds in Sage when payment is received. Vigorously pursue collection of funds for all payment applications.
- Generate payments for subcontractors and suppliers based on each payment application, then contact all parties and exchange payments for properly prepared lien waivers.
- Review and update Project Estimated to Complete Budgets in Sage CRE 300 using a process of collection and sign-off of changes from project teams.
- Assist V.P. of Finance with monthly preparation of Company Work in Place (W.I.P.) report.
- Provide Management and Staff with weekly reports on pay application receipt status including cash flow belonging to Company.
- Create and maintain a schedule of pay application task and dates for each project based on the Owner’s Contract requirements.
- Maintain Sage Timberline Address Book. Ensure addresses, phone numbers, email address and contact information are kept current via W-9 submissions. Ensure integrity of Address Book using address addition and change of status request process.
- Assist Vice President of Finance with monthly General Ledger work flow, i.e. journal entries.
- Maintain off-site document storage inventory and destruction of records schedule for all payment application records. Execute annual record destruction process and relocation of office files and folders to office at fiscal year-end.
- Provide back-up for Business Associate Accounts Payable and Revolving Credit Account work flow.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE DESIRED
Working knowledge in the following computer software programs:
- Sage – Timberline or Previous Accounting Software system (a plus)
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate or above knowledge preferred)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access (a plus)
- Internet Explorer/SharePoint
About Charles Hall Construction, LLC
Charles Hall Construction, LLC, founded in 1998, is focused on the development and construction of senior living and long-term care communities. Our highly experienced team focuses on excellence in everything we do in order to provide the highest quality living environments for senior residents or long-term care patients. Our company’s expertise and understanding of the lifestyle and practical needs of the senior population and their caregivers allow us to deliver facilities in which those we serve may live with independence and dignity, whether it is independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, or dementia care. We work by the principle that exceptional communication between the project team is what makes a successful project. We apply our extensive experience in managing complex projects for both private and public clients to our day-to-day planning and coordination. Additionally, we have the resources necessary to respond quickly to a variety of concurrent needs, in a broad range of disciplines.